By now, you have probably realized that your insurance website plays a pretty big role in the credibility, memorability, and professionalism of you and your business. It is not a myth that you need an online presence to succeed in this digital era. However, what you might not have known is that just having a website is not enough. You need to make sure that you have a website that works, looks pretty, and is worth visiting.
In order to put the importance of a great website design into perspective for you, I am going to be sharing a few, eight to be exact, statistics with you. These statistics are being shared with you in hopes that you will understand the importance of having a really stellar insurance website design.
Modern Insurance Websites
- 57% of internet users will not recommend a business if their website does not look good on a mobile device. So, if your insurance agency website design is beautiful on a desktop or laptop, but it does not translate to a mobile device, there isn’t much purpose in having a website at all. Taking into consideration how often you conduct internet searches on your phone, this should be a given.
- In addition to the aforementioned statistic, 85% of adults believe that a business’s mobile website design should be as good or better than its design on a laptop or desktop computer. In this day and age, the digital era as we call it, every website should have a great mobile design. Most internet users are performing online searches on their phone anyway, so you should take this into consideration as soon as you start building out your website in the first place.
- It takes less than a second for your audience to form an opinion on your website. And in this .05 seconds, your viewer will decide whether they want to stay on the website or if they want to leave it. Take a look at another insurance agency website, or even at your favorite retailers’ sites. They are probably neat, clean, and overall, just interesting to look at. Internet users are going to want to see modern insurance websites, it is 2020, afterall.
- 38% of your website visitors will leave your site if it is unattractive to them. Even if your audience does get past that fraction of a second I mentioned in statistic number three, you still aren’t guaranteed a customer. You need to make sure that your content is properly organized, labeled, and your website’s home page is not overpowered by every bit of information you’re hoping to get your audience. In the insurance industry, you are probably selling more than one product, so you should split your information up a bit and make it easy for your viewer to find what they need.
- If your website audience does not like what they see – if the layout is unattractive to them or the content isn’t making sense, 88% of those people are way less likely to ever return to your website again. First impressions are everything – make sure you are making a good one. This isn’t hard to do, just make sure you are creating something that is relatively modern and not ugly. Again, it is 2020, we are way passed the era of ugly websites.
- Speaking of first impressions, 94% of a first impression is design related. This means even if you have the greatest content in the entire world on your website, chances are it is not getting logged into the audience’s memory. And, when asked about that one insurance website, the ‘great content’ is not going to be what they answer with. This is yet another reason to take your website design into serious consideration and to spend time on making things look pretty. Taking time to create a pretty website design (or hiring a service like S3 Solutions to do it for you) is the difference between ‘oh, that ugly website?’ and ‘oh, that website looks really nice!’ when your audience hears your name.
- 75% of people who visit business websites online admit that they judge the business’ credibility based on their website design. So, your audience will judge your credibility as an insurance agent or agency solely based on the design of your website. You could be the best insurance agent in the entire world, but you will be seriously discredited if your website does not appeal to your audience.
- 70% of small businesses who do have a website do not have a call to action clearly stated on their homepage. Calls to action are so important regardless of what your marketing strategy is. They should be on social media posts, videos, even direct mail. So what makes websites any different? You need to give your audience a next step or they will not know what to do! If you’re struggling to come up with a call to action, here you go “Call us today for a free quote!”
Say it with me… “website design is super important!”. Now you’ve got it! If you already have a website, hopefully these stats inspire you to go back and make sure that everything looks pretty – on desktop AND mobile. If you do not yet have a website, there is no time like the present to get one. If you are confident in your website creating abilities, keep these statistics in mind as you embark on creating a beautiful website for your insurance agency..
However, if your creative skills are lacking, or if you just do not have the time to create a brand new website and make it look good, I would highly suggest hiring a company to do it for you. As I mentioned previously, S3 Solutions is one of these services. They will create your website for you start to finish and ensure it looks good regardless of the device it is being displayed on.